A 50-year-old, family-owned and operated plumbing, heating and air conditioning equipment sales and distribution enterprise seeks an ambitious and forward thinking Outside Sales Associate to be an integral part of its Commercial Sales team in the greater NYC / Long Island territory.
2910 Express Dr. South Islandia, NY 11749
- Reporting to the V.P. of Commercial Sales, he/she will have responsibility for the account coverage and sales of the company’s products offered in the territory.
- Services existing accounts, obtains orders, and establishes new accounts by planning and organizing daily work schedule to call on new targets.
- Keeps management informed by submitting activity reports, such as weekly call reports, planned presentations, and other territory analyses.
- Regularly involved with local industry groups including, but not limited to, ASHRAE, ASPE and MCAA.
- Monitors competition by gathering current marketplace information on pricing, products and marketing initiatives.
- Works closely with the company’s Inside Sales team to ensure accurate take-offs, quotations, submittals and order entry.
- Attends manufacturer training sessions at factory, remote, or at other company office locations as needed.
Benefits & Compensation
- Monthly car allowance
- Medical / Dental / Vision insurance
- Flexible Spending Plan
- 401(k) plan
- Paid Holidays
- Sick/Personal/Vacation Time
- Existing relationships with mechanical/plumbing contractors, owners/developers, wholesalers and MEP engineers in the territory is required.
- Some technical knowledge on Commercial HVAC and Plumbing systems, and the bid and specification process.
- Excellent interpersonal skills. Ability to communicate, manage, and provide value to customers.
- Accustomed to achieving sales quotas and closing business.
- Independent self-starter with a strong sense of prioritization.
- Willing to travel within the territory 3-4 days per week to job sites, customer meetings etc.
Education, Experience & Licensing Requirements
- Associates or Bachelor’s degree.
- Minimum 8 years’ industry experience in a Commercial HVAC/Plumbing outside sales role.
To applyApply today
Please remember to attach a PDF copy of your resume when applying.
Please Fax or Email Us: